Tuesday, July 29, 2014

We're 4 months old!


So don't judge me for not posting anything when they turned 3 months. I wanted to, but a last minute trip to California made things a little crazy. (A post full of pictures of our trip to come soon) The day they turned 3 months old they went on their second trip on an airplane to meet all the Welge family in Sacramento. My sister Jessica was even able to come out from Utah that week with her two girls. It was so much fun being able to introduce the boys to all their cousins, second cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, and everyone in between. Of course everyone loved them! How could they not? Have you seen these cute boys?!?
The boys at the airport on their way to California. This was their actual 3 month birthday.
Now the boys are 4 months old! They have grown and learned so much in the last month it's pretty crazy! Both boys can sit up in their Bumbo seats, reach for toys, blow raspberries (AKA spit) and stand and support their weight (with our help obviously). They both have discovered their voices and coo and squeal most of the day. Cade is a coo-er and McKay is a squealer (which Cade doesn't always appreciate). LOL! They also both giggle a lot and are super smiley.

McKay remains our extremely happy and easy going baby. He loves music and having mom and dad sing to him. Since learning that he wants to be swaddled when he sleeps he now is a great napper, although he's still waking up on average twice a night. He also loves snuggling with blankets and sucking on as many fingers as he can fit in his mouth at once. He is a very sweet baby who always tries to hold Cade's hand, and gets concerned anytime Cade cries.

Cade is a little more feisty and headstrong, but is all smiles if he's well rested and just eaten. He gets very upset when his bottle runs out and thinks he should be able to eat 24/7. :) Cade loves books, especially Dr. Seuss, and his favorite for me to read is Green Eggs and Ham. He loves playing with his toys, going outside, and being around a lot of people. He had been sleeping through the night but lately has been waking up when McKay cries.
This basically sums up their personalities! HAHAHA But after a nap and more food he was happy again and we were able to get the picture above.
Here are some of our favorite pictures over the last month (I tried to upload videos but it wouldn't work)

McKay:
McKay is constantly trying to eat Cade

McKay has the cutest stretches

McKay LOVES his froggy toy
I know I'm only supposed to post happy pictures but this pic of McKay melting down because I had to leave him for a minute to use the restroom just makes me laugh.
Big blue eyes!
Playing peek-a-boo with his blanket
First time in his Bumbo
Chillin' with his shades on
Happy little boy with his thumb and his blanket

Cade:
Even super heros need naps!
Pre-bedtime snuggles with daddy
Reading the warning labels in brother's bassinet

REALLY interested in those warning labels

It's a rare occurrence that he actually falls asleep in my arms. He must have just played too hard!

Realizing that he can sit up with just a little help 
I finally have hair enough to style
Just chillin'
Hanging out in my bumbo with my toys
Cade with one of his favorite books 
Always trying to sneak a peek at the TV
They never smile if they see my camera so I had to be sneaky for this one
We are just so grateful for these boys! We feel so blessed that they are healthy and happy and love them so much. Here's to another month of FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I just can't get over watching you raise these two boys. I'm so excited for you. You are doing a great job at staying sane too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It's fun AND a lot of work. Somedays I definitely don't feel like I'm staying sane. :) I draw a lot of strength from your awesome blog posts!

      Delete