Sunday, October 5, 2014

Empowered by Younique!

I’m feeling so grateful tonight! A few of you know what Jeremy and I have been going through the last few months but for everyone who doesn’t I‘ve been feeling like I need to share. In July we were informed that financial aid guidelines had changed and because Jeremy was on a full tuition scholarship with the Navy and receives a small monthly stipend we aren't eligible for student loans…AT ALL! Not private student loans, not government student loans.  Now this was a HUGE problem for us as we had planned on living on that (along with Jeremy’s stipend) for the rest of dental school! We looked into getting a personal loan but didn’t qualify because of our low income (which is probably good because we would have to start making monthly payments right away).
For about a month I kept my spirits high thinking everything would work out. Something would come up or we would figure out a way to be able to pay our bills while I stayed home with the boys. Days and weeks past, our lawn mower broke down, some other household items broke, Cade had an expensive visit to the pediatric cardiologist, and attorney fees, court fees, and other fees relating to our adoption just kept coming! At this point I knew we had to do something and began to feel extremely overwhelmed and a little panicky. Jeremy and I decided one of us was going to need to get a job and QUICK! I thought about going back to work but nearly my whole paycheck would go towards daycare. Plus it had taken us over 5 years to finally be blessed with children that the thought of putting them in daycare for most of the day made me sick. Jeremy decided it would be best for him to get a night job. The same weekend he applied he was offered a night audit job at a hotel. It’s definitely not a dream job but it is nice that most nights he can study, watch Netflix or just relax a little. Can I tell you how much I love this man though! He works from 11pm to 7am and then drives straight to dental school and goes to school from 8am to 5pm. He comes home, grabs a bite to eat, goes to sleep for a few hours then gets up and does it again! Not many guys would be willing to do this for their family!
I’m not sure how long he will be able to keep this crazy schedule up so I had been racking my brain as to what I could do to earn a little money from home. I knew my cousin was a Younique presenter and was making pretty good money selling their beauty products so I decided to look into it. Now I have to admit, I was pretty reluctant to even consider this idea because I hate sales, and thought it was just a pyramid scheme. Well I was DEAD wrong! I prayed about it and really felt like this was something I should try. When I got my presenters kit and tried on all the makeup I was so excited! I had never felt so pretty! At least if I had to sell something it was something I instantly fell in love with. I got to “work” hosting my first party and had tremendous success and since have been having great success helping my friends host parties and earn lots of free makeup! I’ve been a presenter for just barely over a month, and have received a promotion, and have made enough money to pay our car payment, our monthly grocery bill, and various other bills! And the best part about it all is it’s FUN! I get paid to play with makeup and be on Facebook! Tonight as I sit here helping my friends with their online parties I just couldn’t help but be so grateful for the prompting I had to look into Younique! I don’t share this story to brag about how awesome I am (because I’m not) but to try to help inspire others who may be in a similar situation.  Younique's mission is to uplift, empower, validate, and ultimately build self-esteem in women around the world through high-quality products that encourage both inner and outer beauty and spiritual enlightenment while also providing opportunities for personal growth and financial reward. This company has gone from just a makeup company to a lifesaver for my family! A HUGE thank you to all my friends and family who have supported me in this new endeavor and continue to volunteer to host fun online parties! And if you want to learn more about being a Younique presenter or just want to host an online party and earn great hostess rewards let me know! I would LOVE to be able to share the blessing this has been to us with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment