Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Grateful!

No it's not our anniversary yet, although we will be coming up on two years soon...CRAZY! But, lately I've been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to be married to THIS man. At work this last week I found out that a woman I work very closely with was taking some time off to, well for lack of better words, divorce her husband who without her knowing had been living with his girlfriend for quite some time (he works in another state and comes to visit regularly). Another woman I work with and ADORE was also talking to me a little bit more this last week about her painful marriage and divorce a year ago. As I was listening to these stories it really made me realize how lucky I am. I'm married to my BEST friend! We love and support and respect one another. Things may not always be fudge sundaes in our lives, we definately have our fair share of disagreements, and granted we do get WAY too competitive while playing games together, I would never intentionally hurt him, nor he I.
I heard a really sad statistic/joke last night, I think it was on Jay Leno. He said, "It's now a fact that 50% of marriages will end in divorce." Then came the punch line, "So they are saying it will either be you or your wife/husband." Yes, I'll admit I let out a little chuckle, but....HOW SAD!
I'm so grateful for the Gospel in our lives to help us understand just how important and sacred marriage is, and to help us see the bigger picture than just the day to day routines or bickerings.
I'm excited to spend eternity with Jeremy! Here are just a few reasons why I adore this man so much. . .
1) Let's face it. . . HE adores ME!
-examples: too numerous to mention! :)
2) He works SO hard to support us and wants to make my life as comfortable as possible
-example: Taking 18 credits while working 60+ hour weeks. (And still getting A's)
Going to school YEAR ROUND, never taking a break so that we can get into and out of dental school faster.
3) He gives me wings to fly and supports my dreams!
-example: Has never said one negative word about me going back to school to get my masters degree even though it will create some extreme financial hardships, but instead has encouraged me to do because he knew it was important to me.
4) He is FAITHFUL and STEADFAST in the Gospel and HONORS his priesthood.
-example: I was blessed to see first hand his diligence in his missionary work. We share a calling teaching the 16-17 year old Sunday school and LOVE hearing him share his testimony and teach the youth. Never makes excuses, just keeps the commandments!
I don't know what I did to deserve Jeremy but I'm so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man, and hope he will forever feel the same way about me!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post and I LOVE YOU!

    Tell the girls at work hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good love story! May you live happily forever after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! And I loved the one he wrote about you too. You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete