Sunday, July 24, 2011

4th of July

The 4th of July this year consisted of getting up super early to attend our ward pancake breakfast. For the second year in a row I forgot to take any pictures. We ate the yummy food and then snuck away. (Our ward doesn't really have any young couples so we're not really close with anyone. Hopefully when we move for dental school that will change.) After the pancake breakfast we drove to Jeremy's parents house, where we played my favorite game Mexican Train. I lost horribly. After that we went to Emmett to have a BBQ with Justin and Erin's family and then watch the Emmett firewords show. It was a fun day, although I don't think 4th of July's could ever equal what the used to be when I was younger. I miss all the fun I used to have in my great-grandparents backyard with all my cousins...sigh...

My brother and sister-in-law Justin and Erin and their cute little family at the park waiting for the fireworks show:
Love Halley's face in this pic: Silly Faces:








As soon as it got dark the temperature dropped like 40 degrees (the grass was wet in the park and there is a river really close). It was FREEZING! Doesn't Jeremy have the most INCREDIBLE blue eyes?!? I sure think so!Picture of fireworks never do them justice, but we tried anyways. The Emmett fireworks show was interesting. Instead of playing all patriotic songs while the fireworks were going off they were playing country songs about being rednecks. But hey it is Emmett we're talking about. ;)Overall it was a wonderful/long day. I'm so grateful to live in the U.S of A!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment