Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday To....ME!!!

Wow! I seriously can't believe that I just turned 28! Ssshhh, don't tell anyone. I secretly still feel like I'm 21 and every year that I get closer to 30 is just unreal. Luckily I was blessed with good genetics and rarely does anyone guess just how old I am. In fact a year and a half ago when we moved into our new ward, a lady from the relief society came up to me my first Sunday and said, "Honey the young womens is right across the hall." hahahaha
Anyways, since I don't have a secret way to slow down time, I'm just trying to enjoy the time I have. Jeremy made my birthday a great day! He is so wonderful. First of all, he took the day off of work (luckily this year it fell on my day off work). When we woke up in the morning he made me breakfast in bed. As we were getting ready in the morning he surprised me with a Milka Bar (our favorite chocolate from Hungary) and a cute card. Then we went to Tucanos for lunch, and stuffed ourselves until we were about to burst! After coming home for a short rest after eating so much Jeremy had me open a card which had money in it and told me to go on a small shopping spree, and not to come home for a couple hours. This is a picture of me opening that card:
So I called up my friend Alyssa and we went shopping. She was such a trooper to drop everything and come with me spur of the moment! I was in search of cute brown hills, and of course when I actually had money to spend I couldn't find anything I liked. It always seems that way. Even Alyssa found something to buy! We went to every shoe store in Boise and couldn't find anything. So after a few hours I decided to pocket the money and save it for our trip the next week to the Oregon Coast. When I got home from shopping this is what I walked into:


Jeremy had decorated our house and thrown me a surprise PINK party! Even though I got home before our guests (his family) had arrived it was still a good surprise, and heartwarming that he had planned all this for me.




Justin and Erin, well probably mainly Erin, put together this candy gram for me, and Jeremy's parents got me a giant Symphony bar. YUMMY!
We had cake and ice cream and hung out chatting about our upcoming family vacation to the Oregon Coast. It was a great night! Halley and Kelsey had a blast blowing up balloons as big as they could. I kept waiting for them to explode in their face and for tears to flow, but they got lucky.







Another year older and another great birthday. I'm so lucky to have Jeremy! He is great with planning birthday surprises! It always makes growing older a little more exciting.

PS- I can't leave out that despite being a day late, my mom sent me this cute wallet with about 10 gift cards to different food, and shopping places! I'm super excited to spend them! Love love love my mom!

1 comment:

  1. How Fun! I love that Jeremy takes such good care of you! I never have to worry that your birthday isn't going to be awesome with him around. Miss you guys! P.S. I'm so excited because I have (finally) updated my bloglist and added you guys to it so I will remember how to get back to your blog lol

    ReplyDelete