Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

To say that we are excited for our first Christmas in our new house may be a bit of an understatement! We've never had the opportunity to put up Christmas lights, and we've never had so much extra space to decorate! Here are some pictures of our preparations:
Jeremy soon realized that putting up Christmas lights wasn't as fun as he was hoping! And we kind of ran out of lights for the tree. haha :)
Decorating our mantle is one of my favorite things to do! I also love how my wreath turned out! Oh, and Jeremy cut out that deer for me and spray painted it sparkly gold. He's so good to indulge my crafting addiction.
Just a few of our Christmas decorations.
 We also had some huge snow and ice storms move through our area recently. The snow was beautiful but inconvenient at times. My work closed for two half days because of the weather and Jeremy learned the hard way that an icy driveway can cause some nasty falls.
I was having fun in the snow meanwhile Jeremy was doing all the grunt work. I knew I loved him!
While we are a little disappointed that we won't be making it out to Idaho or California this Christmas to spend it with family we are excited to have our first Christmas with just our little family of two. It will force us to come up with some of our own traditions and will allow us more stress-free time to focus on the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas.

Some other recent happenings in our lives are:
-I got released as a ward missionary and called as an Activity Days leader
-We were on the ward Christmas party committee. The party was yesterday and was a success.
-Jeremy finished his third semester of dental school with all A's and B's (he's such a smarty)
-We got new cell phone's and phone numbers (email us or Facebook message us if you would like our new Kentucky numbers)
-We are doing some of the finishing touches on our house renovations including new carpet for the spare bedrooms and painting the last two bedrooms. (Almost done!)

We hope all of our friends and family are enjoying this holiday season and we wish everyone a very merry Christmas!



2 comments:

  1. Glad to keep up with you a bit through your blog. Looks like Louisville livin has been pretty fine. I'm so thrilled for your news of twins. You'll be such a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridith! We do love Louisville, although I'm done with this crazy winter we've been having! I'm ready for Spring, both for the weather and for our babies. :)

      Delete