Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Churchill Downs

Jeremy's dental school orientation/meet and greet was held at Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby) a few weeks ago. It was so much fun watching the horse races and choosing "my horse" before each race based on who had the most awesome name. (I couldn't figure out how to interpret their stats and basing my preditions on their names was more fun). We had a good time and met some new people, but the weather made the evening a little miserable. It was over 100 degrees (factor in humidity) when we arrived and when we left at 11pm that evening it had only "cooled" to the low 90's. YUCK! We were super sweaty to say the least! We are look forward to all the excitement of the Kentucky Derby next Spring.
Things are finally coming together for us here in Louisville. We have already made some amazing friends and have probably done more in the last month with friends than we did in the last few years in Boise. Jeremy is busy with school and I just recently (like today recently) got a super part-time job with a flexible schedule that will help bring in some extra income until I can get a full-time position. I'm doing administrative work for a little membership organization called The International Leica Society (formerly known as The Leica Historical Society of America). It's basically a camera club which a bunch of old men belong to! :) I'm just grateful for something to provide us with a little bit on extra income and that will keep me from getting so bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment