Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's back to school time for me...

So back in December I decided to go ahead and chase my dream of getting my masters in social work. It was a spur of the moment decision and I rushed to get all my application material put together and sent off before the deadline of New Years. Jeremy is attending Boise State as well and has about two years left, so I knew it was now or never. If I didn't get accepted for this fall we would be moving away for dental school before I'd have the chance to re-apply to the program and finish my studies. I submited everything and expected to hear back within a few weeks if I'd been accepted. Well January passed, then February passed, and weeks went by in March and I figured that maybe my application got lost in the mail somewhere. I e-mailed the program director and the school of social work and didn't hear back from either of them. Then FINALLY to my great joy I received a phone call yesterday directly from the program director congratulating me on my acceptance into the Boise State University Masters of Social Work program. He apologized for the delay in telling me I had been admited but that they had to wait until they'd made all the final decisions about admissions before they could notify anyone but reassured me that I was "DEFINATELY ADMITABLE, THERE WAS NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT." So after a FIVE year vacation from formal education it's back to school time for me. I am so excited for many reasons:
1) It's going to be so cool to go to school with my husband! AND we will graduate at the same time!
2) I LOVE and excel at school.
3) With my MSW in social work I will be able to work as a social worker to help get us through dental school.
4) Working as a social worker will probably help us to adopt a little easier if in fact we aren't able to have our own children.
A big thanks to everyone who encouraged me to follow my dreams and to everyone who helped me with all my last minute application documents and letters. GO BOISE STATE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!! You are going to love master's work, way better than undergrad in my opinion. I've gotten to work A LOT with our school social worker and she's incredible and the job is amazing. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete