Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy America Day....Land that I LOVE!

Did anyone else have 3 days full of 4th of July fun?! We had such a blast this last weekend hanging out with family and celebrating our wonderful country's independence. With Jeremy and I both having experienced living in a foreign country for a long period of time we've really come to appreciate just how blessed our lives are for living in America!

We started our celebrating on Saturday but BBQing and playing at Eagle Island with Jeremy's family. It was a beautiful day! Not too hot and not too cold!

The boys all played bocci ball. . . (Jeremy's dad's favorite game, probably because he always wins!)

Us girls relaxed and soaked up the sun. . .a little too much sun I would find out later in the day. :) This is my sister-in-law Erin and her two girls Kelsey and Halley.

After the park we headed to a little podunk town called Melba where we watched fireworks. For being an itty-bitty town they sure do put on a good show! This was our second year coming and they didn't let us down. The only thing that would have been nicer is if it wasn't FREEZING outside! Kinda weird to have to be in a sweater and snuggled up in a blanket on the weekend of July 4th.

On the actual 4th of July we all headed up to Jeremy's brothers house in Emmett where we went to church with his family and joined in their ward BBQ after church...yummy! Then we headed out to "the island" and played around until "the big bang" fireworks show started. Yes I was a little skeptical about how good the show would be...this is Emmett, Idaho we are talking about...but....it was pretty good! The fireworks were great I just hope they do a little better job with the music next year.

This is us waiting for "the big bang" to start. These pictures aren't great because we just used Jeremy's phone but oh well. Beats having to carry the camera around, and with my luck I would loose it somewhere.

Relaxing on the blanket with my sister-in-law Brittany. She actually got to start the fireworks show and had her picture taken to put in the Emmett newspaper...yes, this is a very small town!

I had a blast hanging out with my nieces. They are very entertaining! We watched airplanes, birds, and then mosquitos fly above us. Kelsey and I talked all about kindergarten and her High School Musical backpack. Then we spent nearly an hour seeing how many knots we could tie in a single blade of grass. She LOVED it and actually got really good at tying knots. Her record was 8 knots! The whole experience made me really want to be a mommy....*sigh*....some day.
On Monday the 5th we woke up super early and went to our ward's celebration! We had a big outdoor breakfast, a visiting firetruck from the station next door and then the kids all decorated their bikes and rode around the parking lot in a little parade. It was pretty fun.

While our country has it's fair share of troubles and problems I'm so grateful to be a citizen of the United States of America! This is truly a country where if you work hard your dreams really can come true! If I could choose to live ANYWHERE in the world I would still choose America...with many vacation homes in other countries! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment