Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh Sweet Silence

I've had a lot on my mind lately and feel like life has been too busy to really contemplate about my goals and what I would like to accomplish in the coming months.

Do you ever feel like there's just too much noise or always something clamoring for your attention. . . Yes I know I sound like a mom with a bunch of small kids. But if you count all the kids I work with at the gym I do have hundreds of kids!

Between work, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, paying bills, spending time with friends and family I have been finding myself falling into bed at night exhausted and not having spent a single moment alone in silence to really re-coop or contemplate. I've been in need of some heavenly guidance but haven't made time to tune out all distractions and listen for answers.

SOOOOOO..... I decided this week that I spend a lot of time in the car and I could use that time a lot wiser to be alone with my thoughts and really think about how to find "the joy in my journey" more effectively.

And that lead me to the difficult decision to TURN OFF my radio whenever I was in the car!!!! That's pretty big for me 'cause I REALLY enjoy singing at the top of my lungs in the car. But not this week. . . Just silence. . .Me ALONE with my thoughts and a lot of talking to my Heavenly Father.
4 days down and. . . It's been AMAZING! I feel calmer, more confident and refreshed.
"A quiet mind cureth all." -Robert Burton
"Silence is more musical than any song." -Christina Rossetti

So what do you all do to find some alone time amidst your crazy days?

1 comment:

  1. I actually love not having any music on in the car... it doesn't work when Carly is chatting away, but it's still really nice! I will admit that I've loved not having tv as well... a lot more quiet time in our house :) I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete