Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tender Mercies

"I delight in the Lord's mercies and miracles. I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus's disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the "fourth watch," meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch." -Sister Susan Tanner I never cease to be amazed at how my Savior KNOWS me. He hears me when I cry, when I speak, and when I plead. He knows when I'm happy, when I'm nervous, and when I'm sad. I've known this since I was a young girl, but have been continually reminded of it, of which I am so grateful.

Just yesterday I was reminded that His miracles ARE real. I woke up yesterday feeling very bad for myself. I had an ENORMOUS weight on my shoulders. I was in tears for most of the morning before composing myself and making my way to work. . . and that's when the miracles started happening.

-Starting next week I will be working 40+ hours a week as opposed to 20, until grad school starts! Being the sole provider right now, that translates to us not being thrown out on the streets and actually being able to eat!

-My amazing employer offered to pay for the entire cost of getting my mandatory child care worker license. (That's $73 I saved)

-Jeremy was offered yet another grant of $3,000! (He already has scholarships/grants that cover tuition, so this one goes straight to us)

-One of our monthly bills was just decreased!

-And. . . the air conditioning in my car has been working wonderfully without the terrifying squeling sound that generally accompanies it.

I could go on an on about the miracles that have happened in only the last 24 hours. I'm just so grateful to know that my Savior loves me and that in my "fourth watch" he knew my pain and exactly what to do to relieve me of my burdens. I'm so grateful for my new-found peace and lightness.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, what a beautiful testimony! Thanks for that reminder! And thanks for tracking me down on FB. It's great to be in touch with you again.

    ReplyDelete