Monday, December 13, 2010

Still Alive

Some may be wondering if I'm still alive. It has been months since I have last posted anything. . . and I seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth to everyone around me. Well to say the least life got a little crazy working almost full-time, doing a 16 hr/week social work internship, and going to grad school full-time! But as of last Friday (yes it took me 4 days to come out of my psychotic stressed out stage) I FINISHED! I submitted my last paper and feel as free as a bird. . .
. . . at least for the next six weeks until it all starts over again. (try not to think about it, try not to think about it)

So I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. To start off the semester Jeremy and I made our way to the bookstore to buy our dreaded textbooks. $1,200 later. . .
. . . the torture we submit ourselves to, in order to be educated! GEESH!

Also with the start of the semester came the birth of my adorable new niece Zoe Lou Haymond.We instantly fell in love. . .Oh I can't wait for one of my own (big sigh). . . someday. . .

Because she's so adorable we just couldn't stay away! Three months later we went back out to Utah for Zoe's baby blessing. She has gotten so big! And her hair is even bigger!. . . what can I say? She's already a Utah girl! :) My little sister Jessica doesn't normally dress her baby up like a monkey but Zoe was blessed on Halloween day and the day before all my nieces and nephews dressed up for a trunk or treat.Jeremy and I also celebrated our two year anniversary on November 28th! Jeremy took me out to PF Chang's where he proposed about two and a half years ago and we had a wonderful dinner and a relaxing night together. Goodness I just love this man. . .



. . .but since my last post was all about how much I love him I'll spare you and get onto the more exciting details. . .my present!! Jeremy surprised me with these beautiful Citrine (the November birthstone) and diamond earrings to always remind me of the month we got married!


He also got me a pair of soft fuzzy beige gloves because my favorite pair of gloves were rudely stolen from my jacket pocket in the madness of Walmart at midnight on black friday. (need I say more?) I will never go to Walmart on black friday again. . .I was so disturbed I left in tears! Okay change the subject before I relive the traumatic night again.

I also got a new calling in church. (They always seem to come when life is the craziest) I was called as the Young Women's secretary. While I was pretty intimidated at first I absolultely love working with the girls and love even more that I'm given the opportunity to teach about twice a month. It seems for now that I'm just destined to work with teenage girls as I'm now in young women's and I also intern at a high school for pregnant and parenting teenage girls. I definately learn a lot from all the girls I get to work with and they help remind me of the most important things. . .

Other than those awesome events life has been good. Jeremy is finishing up his finals this week and is getting more and more excited everyday to apply to dental school. (we get to apply in June) We are learning more and more the joys of living on a tight budget, but are so grateful to be getting our educations together. There are definitely things I would love to add to our lives but for now all is well. And now I can turn my attention to Christmas! One of my favorite times of year! Speaking of Christmas, I'm off to put together our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment