Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Eve

We were lucky this year that Jeremy's short work weekend fell on Valentine's day weekend, meaning he got home from work at 5pm on Saturday. We agreed this year we wouldn't do presents other than maybe a card and chocolate, which is exactly what I got him. So our first mistake on V-day weekend was thinking that since we were actually going out to dinner the day before V-day we wouldn't need reservations....well, we showed up at Texas Roadhouse and the wait was 2 1/2 hours!!!!!! Ummm....never in my life would I wait that long to eat! So we headed off to Cafe Ole which is usually pretty dead but we like their food. Luckily, they were busy but we got seated right away and enjoyed a yummy mexican food meal.
We had plans with our friends the Tolmans to go go to Blue Cow for frozen yogurt a little later but we had some time to kill after dinner so we went walking around the mall. We weren't looking for anything specific but as we passed Morgan Jewelers we both just wandered in. I decided my wedding ring needed to be cleaned since sometimes I forget to take it off while coaching gymnastics and it gets scratched and dirty. While we were waiting for them to finish we were looking at pearls....I LOVE pearls!!! I found a few things I liked but was just dreaming when Jeremy surprised me by saying, "Just let me spoil you with something, it would make me feel good!" Well I'm not about to deny my husband happiness, so I let him do as he pleased! ;) This is what I ended up with...
Decked out with my new pearls we soon after met our friends at our favorite frozen yogurt place and piged out on frozen yogurt. Doesn't make me feel guilty at all considering almost all of it is fat free! If you live locally and are reading this...GO TO BLUE COW!!! It's amazing!At the end of our frozen yogurt double date my friend Alyssa mentioned they were going to go rent Twilight and make her husband watch it. We told them we owned it so they came over for a late night Twilight watching. Yes I'm a Twilight series fan but everytime I watch the first movie I end up awkwardly giggling through the whole thing because of it's extreme cheesy-ness. Her husband hated the movie...no surprise...and we now all have a date planned to watch New Moon when it hits the cheap theaters. I have to say that overall this V-day, okay the 13th really, was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys got to spend Valentine's together - you needed that! I am so jealous about the pearls - they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet husband! If ou end up not wanting the pearls... I will take them

    ReplyDelete