Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baking Machine

If my friends and family had to choose a few words to describe me I know for a fact that cook, or baker would definately not make the list, but for the last few days I've been in a big baking mood! Weird I know! Every attempt I've made to bake cookies in the last hmmm...26 years have ended up burnt and my family will never let me forget the time as a teenager that I thought rice crispy treats had to be baked and put them in the oven. I've given up on cookies all together and let Jeremy who is an amazing cookie baker take on that duty. Yesterday I was in the mood to bake something and upon seeing that we had apples that were just a little too ripe to eat on their own I decided to make an apple crisp...and lo and behold, it turned out VERY yummy! Today, still feeling confident from yesterdays success, I decided to try out a bread recipe my mother-in-law had given me a few months ago but I had never attempted on my own. And guess what?!?! That turned out SO delicious too! So I guess I maybe broke my bad luck spell when it comes to baking. In fact I'm loving eating everything that I'm creating soooo much that I might just have to make it a more common occurance. I'm sure Jeremy wouldn't complain! I didn't get a picture of my apple crisp yesterday but take a look at my homemade bread loaves!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I actually bake bread every week instead of buying it. It's actually not too bad and way yummier!

    ReplyDelete